NDOUtils 1.4 Stability

Janet Post Janet.Post at excapsa.ca
Wed Apr 11 22:12:05 CEST 2007

Hello Everyone,

I would -really- like to use the NDOUtils for my nagios 2.8 install.
But the big **DO NOT USE IN PRODUCTION ENVIRONMENT** warning is a little
scary.

Here are some questions for you all who are using it (and the
developers):

1) is there any outward sign that the NDOMOD module has segfaulted?  A
logfile?

2) Can nagios monitor this itself?  Or will a crash in NDOMOD cause
nagios itself to die as well?  (I was thinking of having nagios watch
for the NDOMOD process, and if it wasn't there, restart everything...but
if nagios goes down too, that obviously won't work)

3) Any ETA on when NDOUtils will be ready?   Losing database support was
one of the reasons I did not want to upgrade to nagios 2.x.  Pointing
the cold spare to a database with up-to-date status information is just
easy!

Seriously, I have seen a LOT of really rock solid "beta" programs out
there -- I am hoping this one is one of them!  :-)

Janet