Nagios sents notifi immideatly after recieving syslog error

Thomas Stocking tstocking at groundworkopensource.com
Wed Apr 11 21:20:14 CEST 2007

Well, yes...or do it at the plugin level.
I mean, what about writing the syslog messages to a log file that you
parse every 5 minutes? There are plugins like check_log3 that do this,
and they can be set to filter for regex expressions.
Another way would be to use syslog-ng to accept and filter the syslog
messages, and post them to Nagios as passive checks via a program that
does some consolidation/filtering for you.
We have done this using the Foundation database in GroundWork - post the
messages there, and then query periodically to find the conditions you
want an alert for with a simple perl plugin.
FYI GroundWork Foundation is now bundled into GroundWork Monitor Open
Source 5.1.
    Thomas

http://www.nagiosexchange.org/Solaris.50.0.html?&tx_netnagext_pi1[p_view]=423
http://www.balabit.com/products/syslog_ng/