nagios menagemente

Thomas Stocking tstocking at groundworkopensource.com
Wed Apr 11 20:54:44 CEST 2007

The answer is most certainly yes.
Monarch has a recently added (with version 2) a Groups feature, and the
MonarchDeploy.pm module. You can use these features to manage
distributed configurations. We do this often. The Groups allow you to
override passive and acive state, so you can maintain a central nagios
with all (or most) checks set passive, and the "child" nodes set active.
There are many possible ways to transfer the files and restart the child
nagios servers, so you can take your pick, but the MonarchDeploy.pm
example uses scp to transfer the files, and ssh to launch the (compiled
C) nagios restart command.
    Thomas