nrpe stopped working after upgrade

Andy Shellam andy.shellam-lists at mailnetwork.co.uk
Tue Apr 10 16:04:20 CEST 2007

Hi Henrik,

As I mentioned previously, the "no output returned from plugin" error
means that Nagios did contact NRPE successfully, but had nothing
returned (otherwise you'd get a "Socket timeout" or "NRPE: SSL handshake
failed" or similar failure).  If you're certain Nagios isn't actually
contacting NRPE, then I suggest you check your Nagios config etc.

What might be helpful is if you also post:

What happens when you run "check_nrpe -H <remote_host_ip> -c
<a_valid_nrpe_command>" when run as the Nagios user.
The output you see in Nagios.
Your Nagios's NRPE command definition and a relevant service definition.

Andy.