Does anyone use and love NDOUtils for availability reporting .. ? [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Stanley.Hopcroft at Dest.gov.au Stanley.Hopcroft at Dest.gov.au
Sat Apr 7 04:28:24 CEST 2007

Dear Folks,

I am writing to thank you for your letter and say,

This is excellent.

While the availability CGIs are excellent they do not

1 facilitate arbitrary presentation of the data (without say importing
the CSV output into a DB)

2 allow the combination of the outage data with other information such
as links to 'trouble ticket/service desk (for the ITIL inclined)'
systems for combining the outage data with other views of the 'incident'
(such as WTF caused it).

Having the outage data in tables should lead to an explosion of third
party/community developed reports and presentation frameworks in the
same way that the very clean architectural divisions in Cacti has lead
to that products extensibility and popularity.

Thank you.

> Rob

Yours sincerely.

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED