(no subject)

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Thu Apr 5 16:07:27 CEST 2007

This was a new feature introduced in 2.0 to reduce the amount of time
that a host or service status would be UNDETERMINED for reporting.
Previously, nagios couldn't determine the state of a host or service in
a log file unless that host or service changed state. This required
users to manually set the first assumed state for accurate reporting.
This fix makes that unnecessary. AFAIK, there's no way to disable it
outside of code editing.

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/whatsnew.html

"Logging changes - Initial host and service states are now logged a bit
differently. Also, the initial states of all hosts and services are
logged immediately after all log rotations. This should help with all
those "undetermined time" problems in the availability and trends CGIs."

--
Marc