Nagios dying

list.mail list.mail at comcast.net
Thu Apr 5 03:19:59 CEST 2007

I'm having the same problem with my installation of 2.7 on OpenBSD 4.0. It
dyes silently.

I do notice in the logs it tries to restart after and can't find the .pid
file.

[1174798800] LOG ROTATION: DAILY
[1174798800] LOG VERSION: 2.0

Then it dies, I have to manually restart it. Sometimes this shows up in the
log also

[1168546261] /var/run/nagios/nagios.pid does not exist (ENOENT)

I then look for the /var/run/nagios/ dir and its not there, so I

Mkdir /var/run/nagios/
Chown _nagios:_nagios

And restart the daemon.

My guess Israel, is that you got the installation from the packages on the
OpenBSD website, which has been packaged up as chroot version. I did the
same, then upgraded to 2.7, but followed the dir structure of the chroot
installation and I'm still having the problem.

Does anyone know if there is a problem running Nagios in chroot? Or the fix
for our issue here?