active response

Jesús Arnáiz jesus.arnaiz at 0z0ne.com
Wed Apr 4 13:06:13 CEST 2007

Hi there.

I use the doc. about event handlers and I define this one:

# SERVICE CLAMD
define service {
         use generic-service
         host_name       MYHOST
         service_description CLAMD
         check_command   check_clamd
         max_check_attempts 2
         event_handler   event_clamd
}

# COMMAND
define command {
         command_name    event_clamd
         command_line    $USER1$/check_nrpe -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -c
event_clamd $SERVICESTATE$ $SERVICESTATETYPE$ $SERVICEATTEMPT$
}

And, on the remote machine I configure nrpe.cfg like this:

command[event_clamd]=/data/general/nagios/libexec/event_clamd $ARG1$
$ARG2$ $ARG3$

Also, I put that script (event_clamd), with 755 permission. This script
write to a file in /tmp in order to see if it run or not. I see it don't
takes the args (SERVICESTATETYPE SERVICESTATE...), so I try to run the
script by hand like this:

libexec/check_nrpe -H MYHOST -c event_clamd OK HARD 1

And I see it run but it doesn't get that arguments (OK, HARD, 1). I try
also:

libexec/check_nrpe -H MYHOST -c event_clamd -a OK HARD 1
CHECK_NRPE: Received 0 bytes from daemon.  Check the remote server logs
for error messages.

Any help?