simple chech using snmp

Tom Brown tom at ng23.net
Fri Sep 29 17:09:54 CEST 2006

thanks for this - This is exactly what i am after however i have an issue...

when i run it after making a couple of mode for community string and
snmp version etc i get this

# ./retrieve_custom_snmp -H 192.168.12.176 -o 1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.56

and thats it - no output. if i enable debug i get this

# cat /tmp/foobar
Retrieve exit code is
Retrieve status message is:

ie nothing - can you offer any assistance here?

thanks