nrpe ping

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Fri Sep 29 16:24:18 CEST 2006

Sjaak Nabuurs wrote:
> Hello
>

> I'm new to this list and I like to ask if somebody knows how to handle this.
>
> I like with nagios check servers from many points in the world.
>
> So I have server1 with nagios running in the Netherlands
> I have a servers in the US,Australia, HongKong running nrpe.
>
> I have to check HOST A B C ... every where in the world.
>
> Now I like to check HOST A/B/C from different points if they are UP.
>
> So nagios send to
> nrpe USA to ping HOST A and nagios send to nrpe HongKong to ping HOST A
> etc......
>
> howto ARG this  with nrpe ??
>
> example nrpe.cfg USA
> command[check_ping_from_US]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_ping -H
> $ARG1$ -w $ARG2$ -c $AGR3$ -p 5
>

> This is not working but ???????
> Does anybody know a solution for this.

Oh dear, that's a lot of question marks ;-)

To enable command-line arguments in nrpe, you need to compile nrpe with
support for it (./configure --enable-command-arguments or something like
that), and also enable it in the configuration file
(enable_command_arguments=1 or some such).

Check the readme. It has all the info you need.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se