Disable host checks

G Bit routed2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 27 01:10:39 CEST 2006

--- Patrick Morris <patrick.morris at hp.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Sep 2006, G Bit wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have disabled host checks by not defining the check_command in the host definition. I used
> > to have it, but I removed it. But I still get host DOWN notifications like PING failed. How
> can I
> > go about debugging this.
>
> One of two things is probably happening:
>
> Either you have a host check defined in a host template, and now that
> you've deleted the override the default host check is kicking in, or
> you're receiving results from a PING service check.  What message do you
> get, exactly?

Actually I created a new definition in the template and used that. I can verify this
because in the web console when I do a "View Config" and select "Hosts", I can see that
the Host check_command is empty.

 hostname: PING CRITICAL - Packet loss = 100%

is the error message.

Thanks.

http://mail.yahoo.com