Eventhandlers

Geoffrey Walton geoffrey.walton at midwich.com
Tue Sep 26 21:18:07 CEST 2006

Does anyone know where I can see some more samples of eventhandlers
 scripts. The documentation points to a non-existant directory on
 my installation which was compiled from source.

Nagios 2.5

Redhat EL4

Extract from 2.5 documentation

The scripts should examine the values of the arguments passed in
 and take any necessary action based upon those values. The best
 way to understand how event handlers should work is to see and
 example. Lucky for you, one is provided below. There are also some
 sample event handler scripts included in the eventhandlers/ subdirectory
 of the Nagios distribution. Some of these sample scripts demonstrate
 the use of external commands to implement redundant monitoring
 hosts.

Examples showing re-starting various services on remote linux and
 windows boxes would be appreciated.

Cheers

Geoffrey

http://www.nagiosexchange.org/nagios-users.34.0.html