Distributed setup, NSCA, not working

Ugo Bellavance ugob at camo-route.com
Mon Sep 25 22:27:11 CEST 2006

Hi,

	I'm trying to make a failover system, so I have added, on the master
server, to:

nagios.cfg:

obsess_over_services=1
ocsp_command=send_service_check

( don't check for hosts)

I've defined send_service_check like this:

# send_service_check command definition
define command{
         command_name    send_service_check
         command_line    /usr/sbin/send_nsca -H 10.0.0.2 -c
/etc/nagios/send_nsca.cfg -d ","
$HOSTNAME$,'$SERVICEDESC$',$SERVICESTATEID$,'$SERVICEOUTPUT$'
         }

It does not work.  10.0.0.2 never gets anything, but I don't have any
errors either.

I tried running manually:

/usr/sbin/send_nsca -H 10.0.0.2 -c /etc/nagios/send_nsca.cfg -d ","
gateway2,SWAP,0,Caution

It leads to help, as if I made a mistake.

I've tried encrypting, and I decided to try without encryption to be
sure this wasn't the problem.  Still nothing.

Telnetting to port 5667 connects, outputs garbage.

I tried enabling debug on the nsca server (10.0.0.2), nothing more.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Ugo