NRPE dependencies

Ugo Bellavance ugob at camo-route.com
Mon Sep 25 22:03:29 CEST 2006

Hendrik Baecker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> just do so... the services dependency feature is just there for such an
> installation.
>
> Read more about it on:
>
> http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/xodtemplate.html#servicedependency

Ok, it works.  Maybe I went too quickly.

What dit not work is that I would like to use a group for the service
description.

I want to be able to say that for every server in my config, if NRPE is
not returning OK on one server, don't do checks that depend on NRPE.

The ideal solution would be only one servicedependency definition, but I
don't think it is possible, so here is what I tried:

- Defined a servicegroup:

define servicegroup{
         servicegroup_name               NRPE_dep
         alias                           NRPE-dependant checks
	}

- I added members through the "servicegroups" directive in the service
descriptions.

Now I'm trying that:

define servicedependency{
         dependent_servicegroup_name     NRPE_dep
         host_name                       server1
         service_description             NRPE
         execution_failure_criteria      n
         notification_failure_criteria   w,u,c
         }

I always get this error:

Error: NULL service description/host name in service dependency definition

Any ideas?