Externals Commands

Hari Sekhon hpsekhon at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 22 13:02:22 CEST 2006

Just for reference and closure on this, there was nothing wrong with my
setup really. I have noticed a couple of quirks though which I should
point out.

The nagios_check_command I specified in cgi.cfg never worked, despite
the fact that it works perfectly from the command line of the nagios
user (in fact I put it in a script and use it outside of nagios fine) .
For reference see
https://sourceforge.net/search/?ml_name=nagios-users&type_of_search=mlists&group_id=26589&words=nagios+process+not+running+it+is+running

Once I commented out the nagios_check_command, I could add comments, but
I still could not schedule downtime.

I have also found that when scheduling downtime, if I put the name of
the host in lower case instead of Capitalized as I have defined it, then
I get the error regarding you are not authorized etc... even though my
nagiosadmin user is authorized for everything everywhere. Therefore the
downtime scheduling is case sensitive for hostname.

So really this whole problem was nothing to do with permissions or
authorisation.

-h

--
Hari Sekhon