can not send email with nagios

Carlos Julio Sánchez [ACC-SIS] jsanchez at americancallcenter.com
Tue Sep 19 22:55:43 CEST 2006

Thanks!!

What packet do you recommend me for to send mails with nagios?

> I am newbie with nagios, i install nagios 2.5, but nagios don?t send mails
> when occur an error, I need some packet for to send mails?.

Yes.

Most Linux distribution come with a scaled down sendmail server or
something that is compatible to it in the ways defined by the LSB (Linux
Standards Base).

So you need to setup a minimal SMTP server on the nagios host. (Please
consult the documentations to your OS for guidance.)

Hugo.

		Don't meddle in the affairs of magicians,
		for they are subtle and quick to anger.

any issue.

http://www.eset.com