VB: SV: check_http -S

Christopher Odenbach odenbach at uni-paderborn.de
Fri Sep 15 09:20:31 CEST 2006

Hi,

> I have a https site with a log in.... I want to check that the log in
> works with a user:password That's it! :-) and the problem is...i can
> writ what I want in the user/passwd...still replyes OK

I suppose the website you want to check does not use HTTP Basic
Authentication (which the -a switch of check_http uses). Maybe it uses
a form where you have to enter username and password and then press the
submit button? In this case you need the -P switch for posting your
credentials.

If you are not sure, just use a browser: Do you get a popup windows from
your browser which asks you to enter username and password? Then it's
basic auth. Or do you get a form? Then it's application specific and
you need to post your data.

If the site is publically available, just tell us the URL and we will be
able to help you.

Christopher

    Dipl.-Ing. Christopher Odenbach
    Zentrum fuer Informations- und Medientechnologien
    Universitaet Paderborn
    Raum N5.110
    odenbach at uni-paderborn.de
    Tel.: +49 5251 60 5315