NSClient Monitoring Service States with a $

Aaron Segura Aaron.Segura at cabelas.com
Thu Sep 14 22:40:26 CEST 2006

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/xodtemplate.html#command

command_line:

This directive is used to define what is actually executed by Nagios
when the command is used for service or host checks, notifications, or
event handlers
<http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/eventhandlers.html> . Before the
command line is executed, all valid macros
<http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/macros.html>  are replaced with
their respective values. See the documentation on macros for determining
when you can use different macros. Note that the command line is not
surrounded in quotes. Also, if you want to pass a dollar sign ($) on the
command line, you have to escape it with another dollar sign

So use $$ instead of $.  Unless I'm misunderstanding the
question...which is entirely possible.  I don't feel well currently.