nagiosgraph there no content (graph)

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Thu Sep 14 08:11:44 CEST 2006

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006, hendro budianto wrote:

> My os is CentOS 4.0, nagios-devel-2.5-1.el4.rf,
> nagios-2.5-1.el4.rf,
> nagios-plugins-1.4.2-1.2.el4.rf with the
> nagiosgraph-0.8.2 version.
> The configuration is already set, but when i click the
> grafik icon the graphics isn't show up. When i check
> to the nagiosgraph.log the error message is CGI error:
> RRDs::graph ERR can't make a graph without contents. I
> give the permissions to the nagiosgraph folder with
> the full permission. It's still not solve the problem.
> The location to store graph is
> /var/local/nagiosgraph/rrd, the other setting at
> nagios.cfg and serviceextinfo is already done. I
> looking at the nagiosgraph forum,
> http://nagiosgraph.sourceforge.net/index.php/Errors_and_trouble_shooting
> ==> still no answer...

You seem to be searching at the wrong end AFAIK. The first step is to
check your RRD files are being filled with data correctly. Do they look OK
if you export them?

Once you know your RRD files are fine then you can look at the next phase.
Can your webserver read them?

Check the error in google and read the links as this is not the first time
I have seen the error:
http://www.google.com/search?hs=a1j&hl=en&lr=&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=RRDs+graph+ERR+can%27t+make+a+graph+without+contents&btnG=Search

Hugo.

		Don't meddle in the affairs of magicians,
		for they are subtle and quick to anger.