Nagios 2.5 (RHEL4 AS U2)

Tedman Eng teng at dataway.com
Mon Sep 11 20:17:40 CEST 2006

I think if you look inside bigger.cfg and minimal.cfg, you should see that
they contain sample object configuration directives as described in the
documentation.  The files do not have to be named hosts.cfg, services.cfg,
etc. as in the documentation's examples.  They can be any file referenced by
the cfg_file directive, or can be any .cfg file in an entire directory if
the cfg_dir directive is used.  The cfg_file/cfg_dir directives are
configured in nagios.cfg.

examples for your case:
cfg_file=/etc/nagios/minimal.cfg

cfg_dir=/etc/nagios/hosts/
(this dir can contain multiple .cfg files)

dat=121642
any issue.