nrpe_check!check_disk1

LDB thesource at ldb-jab.org
Mon Sep 11 02:46:36 CEST 2006

Morris, Patrick wrote:
>>My disk checks from the clients are executing via NRPE but
>>they are NOT reporting back to the server as critical or
>>warning. What could be the problem?
>>
>>I am using 1.x of nagios.
>

> Pretty impossible to say without any details about your check command,
> or the results you do get back.

When I do it by hand I get ..

   # /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_nrpe -H 192.168.0.132 -c check_test
   DISK WARNING - free space: /test 51 MB (5%);| /test=957MB;906;956;0;1007

check_test on the client in nrpe.cfg is,

   command[check_test]=/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_disk -w 10% -c 5% -p /test

Now, when nagios monitors ..

/var/log/nagios/nagios.log:

[1157919221] SERVICE NOTIFICATION: daemon;ibackup;/test Free
Space;OK;notify-by-epager;NRPE v2.0
[1157919221] SERVICE NOTIFICATION: daemon;ibackup;/test Free
Space;OK;notify-by-email;NRPE v2.0

/etc/nagios/services.cfg:

define service{
         host_name                       ibackup
         service_description             /test Free Space
         is_volatile                     0
         check_period                    24x7
         max_check_attempts              3
         normal_check_interval           5
         retry_check_interval            1
         contact_groups                  fsg-admins
         notification_interval           60
         notification_period             24x7
         notification_options            w,u,c,r
         check_command                   check_nrpe!check_test
         }

/etc/nagios/checkcommand.cfg:

# 'check_nrpe' command definition
define command{
         command_name    check_nrpe
         command_line    $USER1$/check_nrpe -H $HOSTADDRESS$
}

Everyhing is seemingly fine ...