Suse 10.0 - perl plugin return "No outpput"

Stanley Hopcroft stanleyhopcroft at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 00:00:08 CEST 2006

Dear Sir,

I am writing to thank you for your letter and say,

On 09/09/06, Andreas Brandino <ampranti at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Hari,
>
> i am not using webinject.
> While googling i found that a specific version of nagios on suse had problem
> with the embedded perl. To problem was fixed using a patch.
> However,my nagios version is different.
>
> Anyone else facing the same or similar problem?

Your problem may well be with embedded Perl because embedded Perl does not
change nearly as fast as Nagios.

Please would you send me or the list links to the Suse problem with
embedded Perl ?

Pretty well the only system dependency I can think of with embedded Perl is the
Perl path and this should be dealt with my autoconf and friends.

Are you using embedded Perl ?

(strings <nagios_binary | grep perl should tell you)

If so,

do the Perl plugins work if you disable embedded Perl ?

This is harder to do than to ask since the only way of disabling Perl
embedding is to recompile Nagios.

If you don't want to do that, write a C or shell wrapper that calls
the plugin - you will have to rename the plugin so the wrapper can
pretend to Nagios that it is the real plugin. Nagios will not detect
the string /bin/perl (see checks.c) in the wrapper so will not call
the Perl library directly.

Good luck.

Yours sincerely.

Thank you,