Result from smbclient not suitable

James Marcus jmarcus at mvalent.com
Fri Sep 8 15:20:49 CEST 2006

Hi,
I'm running the check_smb_client from the CLI and can't get seem to get it
right, or it isn't compatible with SNAP appliance's implementation of SMB?

Here is what I'm doing:
./check_disk_smb -H fileserver -W DOMAIN -u testaccount -p changeme -s
Documents
Can't exec "//fileserver/Documents": No such file or directory at
./check_disk_smb line 126.
Use of uninitialized value in split at ./check_disk_smb line 135.
Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at ./check_disk_smb line
143.
Result from smbclient not suitable

./check_disk_smb -H myDesktop -W DOMAIN -u testaccount -p changeme -s MP3
Can't exec "//myDesktop/MP3": No such file or directory at ./check_disk_smb
line 126.
Use of uninitialized value in split at ./check_disk_smb line 135.
Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at ./check_disk_smb line
143.
Result from smbclient not suitable

./check_disk_smb -V
check_disk_smb (nagios-plugins 1.4.2) 1.12
The nagios plugins come with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. You may redistribute
copies of the plugins under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYING.

I also tried it against my desktop without any luck?

[root at moveit /usr/nagios/libexec] 65# smbclient -V
Version 3.0.22

Thanks,
James