[nagios-user] Problem with SNMP and check UPS.

Jedrzej Jajor jedrzej at man.poznan.pl
Wed Sep 6 16:03:40 CEST 2006

Piotr Jedrusik wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i use SNMP to check UPS but it doesn't work.
>
> When i try use plugin - check_apc xx.xx.xx.xx 161 public 50 30 85
>
> i receives answer:
> Timeout: No Response from xx.xx.xx.xx
> Empty SNMP result received, maybe timed out.
>
> On other NAGIOS server it work ok.
>
> Can anyone help me in this ???

Hi,

did you try snmpget or snmpwalk to communicate with the UPS? It seems
more like firewall/filter problem. I'd suggest checking if the community
string is OK, UPS is configured to reply to snmp requests sent from your
nagios box IP and firewalls and configured to accept this snmp traffic.

--
Regards,
Jedrzej Jajor

Network Services Department
Poznan Supercomputing and Networking Center
10 Noskowskiego Str., 61-704 Poznan, Poland
tel. +48 61 858 20 36 fax. +48 61 855 13 68
e-mail: jedrzej at man.poznan.pl