Notification commands

Hari Sekhon hpsekhon at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 5 15:25:21 CEST 2006

Christopher Odenbach wrote:
> Hi,
>

>> certainly not.
>>
>> just put both in the same contact definition, see
>> http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/xodtemplate.html#contact and
>> see the Directive Description for host-notification-commands which
>> says "...Multiple notification commands should be separated by
>> commas...". Just make sure you have both notification commands
>> defined in misccommand.cfg since this uses the short command names
>> which should be defined there.
>>

> But in exact this paragraph it says: Multiple notification commands
> should be separated by commas. All notification commands are executed
> when the contact needs to be notified.
>
> So when I put this contact into a service, always both commands will be
> executed. But I want some services only to send email and not SMS.
>
> Got my idea?
>
> Christopher

ah, sorry, in my haste I misread, ok then you do need 2 contact
definitions and 2 contactgroup definitions, one email, and one both,
then just assign the contact group to the service definitions according
to which notifications you want.

If anybody else has a better way of doing this I'd like to hear it...

Hari