NRPE compile error

rob.moss at uk.bnpparibas.com rob.moss at uk.bnpparibas.com
Fri Oct 27 10:47:20 CEST 2006

nagios-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net wrote on 27/10/2006 00:15:32:

> I've seen this mentioned in the mailing list archive; someone mentioned
> I might need the SSL development libraries (zlib and others possibly).
> Installing OpenSSL alleviated the configure "config: error: could not
> find ssl libraries" error but apparently it didn't install all the ones
> I needed for compilation.  Can someone tell me which libraries I need
> and where to get them?
>
> Any help is much appreciated.
> Eric
>
> gcc -g -O2 -I/usr/local/ssl/include/openssl -I/usr/local/ssl/include
> -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -o nrpe nrpe.c utils.c -L/usr/local/ssl/lib  -lssl
> -lcrypto -lnsl
> /usr/local/ssl/lib/libcrypto.a(dso_dlfcn.o): In function
> `dlfcn_bind_func':
> dso_dlfcn.c:(.text+0x27d): undefined reference to `dlsym'
> dso_dlfcn.c:(.text+0x2f9): undefined reference to `dlerror'
> /usr/local/ssl/lib/libcrypto.a(dso_dlfcn.o): In function
> `dlfcn_bind_var':
> dso_dlfcn.c:(.text+0x36d): undefined reference to `dlsym'
> dso_dlfcn.c:(.text+0x3e1): undefined reference to `dlerror'
> /usr/local/ssl/lib/libcrypto.a(dso_dlfcn.o): In function `dlfcn_unload':
> dso_dlfcn.c:(.text+0x44c): undefined reference to `dlclose'
> /usr/local/ssl/lib/libcrypto.a(dso_dlfcn.o): In function `dlfcn_load':
> dso_dlfcn.c:(.text+0x4f5): undefined reference to `dlopen'
> dso_dlfcn.c:(.text+0x546): undefined reference to `dlclose'
> dso_dlfcn.c:(.text+0x56f): undefined reference to `dlerror'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[1]: *** [nrpe] Error 1

Just for fun, what O/S, platform, version and versions of SSL nd NRPE are
you running?  Is it Solaris perchance?

You may be on the right track already though.. First install ALL of the
dependencies, then try to build.

rob

BNP Paribas Private Bank London Branch is authorised
by CECEI & AMF and is regulated by the Financial Services
Authority for the conduct of its investment business in
the United Kingdom.

BNP Paribas Securities Services London Branch is authorised
by CECEI & AMF and is regulated by the Financial Services
Authority for the conduct of its investment business in
the United Kingdom.

BNP Paribas Fund Services UK Limited is authorised and
regulated by the Financial Services Authority