Charts and Graphs and Nagios Oh My!

Hendrik Baecker b00mer at gmx.net
Thu Oct 26 19:10:31 CEST 2006

Anton Kornexl schrieb:
> Joerg Linge schrieb:
>
>> Am Mittwoch, 25. Oktober 2006 20:15 schrieb Maxwell,Brady:
>>
>>> I have a need to setup some performance and trending graphing or charts
>>> for many of the service checks I am performing with Nagios.
>>>
>> [...]
>>
>> I use PNP http://www.ederdrom.de/doku.php/nagios/pnp_en
>>
>> PNP stores the Performance Data from the Nagios Plugins in RRDTool Archives.
>> You need:
>> Perl without special Modules
>> PHP to Display the RRD Graphs
>> RRDTool to do the work.
>> Nagios 2.x and Plugins producing valid Perfdata.
>>

> I use Nagiosgrapher (see http://www.nagiosexchange.org/)
> Its one of the best tools to graph performance data.

Then have a look at PNP and remember how long you need to get
nagiosgrapher to work ;)

PNP is realy simple to install.

1. Download
2. unpack
3. copy process-perfdata.pl
4. edit process-perfdata.pl in one line to fit for the directory where
the "gui" looks into for rrd files
5. edit the gui configfile to fit the directory mentioned above
6. edit nagios.cfg to process the perfdata with process-perfdata.pl
7. restart nagios and wait a few minutes

I guess even for beginners it is a job for 15 up to 30 minutes and after
this it just works.

Best wishes
Hendrik