Net-SNMP and SNMP4Nagios

Justin Craig jrcraig.email at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 22:47:29 CEST 2006

Right, I only wanted SNMP4Nagios which I thought required net-snmp and
possibly rdd.  Forgive me oh hp sys admin GOD.  I'm not a sys admin, I'm a
Cisco VoIP engineer.  I've successfully installed fc3 linux OS, and compiled
Nagios, monitoring about 500 hosts.  (kudos to me, no need to
congratulate).

So I'm learning this sys admin thing and how to install these packages and
dependencies and all that goes with it.  Fortunately, you don't need to be a
system administrator to use Nagios, or I'd be in trouble.

I conduct my own due diligence and research before I post to this forum.
Sometimes topics wander, as there are a lot of different technologies
touched when troubleshooting these types of things.  So forgive me for
exploiting my lack of "basic system administration" and annoying you experts
with these petty questions.

As always, any help is always appreciated.  Without the open source
community support, we'd regress for sure.

--
- Justin