Net-SNMP and SNMP4Nagios

Justin Craig jrcraig.email at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 22:55:44 CEST 2006

I'm reaching out of the comfort zone of just pinging hosts.  I want to
install SNMP4Nagios and recognize Net-snmp and rddtool as pre-reqs.

I'm trying to install net-snmp and get an error
(snippit....)
libtool: link: cannot find the library `/usr/lib/libbeecrypt.la' (
librpmio.la: /usr/lib/libbeecrypt.la)
make[1]: *** [snmpd] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/nagios/libexec/SNMP4Nagios-0.3/net-
snmp-5.3.1/agent'
make: *** [installsubdirs] Error 1

I snooped around the mailing list and googled my errors, can't find anything
concrete...

I'm running FC3 and Nagios 2.4

Any ideas from anyone and let me know if more information is needed.....?

--
- Justin