checking a counter on a website

Matthew Joyce MJoyce at ccia.unsw.edu.au
Wed Oct 18 03:16:29 CEST 2006

Perhaps store the data in a database with a timestamp.

When the next check is done
    Retrieve the last entry from the database
    Store the new data
    Calculate the delta or average
    Check the age of the delta
    Compare against your threshold
    Return a status

Python, Perl, even PHP (cmd) can give you easy access to the db.

Or bash : http://www.edlsystems.com/shellsql/

Matthew Joyce
02 9382 0051 | 0412 309745 | IT Manager | Children's Cancer Institute
Australia for Medical Research