Event Handler problems

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Tue Oct 17 10:54:15 CEST 2006

Marc Powell wrote:
> It uses syslog so it's being logged to wherever *.info,*.notice, *.debug
> are being sent to in syslog.conf (usually something like
> /var/log/messages). I believe you can change the log file by adding
> 'nrpe.*   /some/other/file' to syslog.conf and HUP or restart syslogd.

Nopes. This won't work as "nrpe" isn't recognized as a valid syslog
facility. NRPE uses the daemon facility to log all its messages. With a
line reading

daemon.*  /var/log/daemon.log

you will get all messages sent to the daemon facility in
/var/log/daemon.log. Note that this will include messages from other
daemons as well, but nrpe sets its ident (or TAG, according to rfc3164)
to "NRPE", so you can easily grep the logfile for that string and find
only the relevant entries.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se