monitoring for IO in Nagios

August Simonelli augusts at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 00:58:13 CEST 2006

Hi Alexander and list folks,

I set up two little shell scripts for disk i/o calculations for mrtg which i
hope to use for nagios down the track. I'm still learning shell scripting
/nagios / etc so i welcome corrections to my logic, coding, anything! :-)

It's not really fancy, just uses vmstat to get disk reads and writes, stores
it, then compares that the next time.

As i said, it's just for mrtg now so dunno if it will work for nagios, but
soon i'll play with it and find out.

August