web authentication

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Thu Oct 12 21:55:32 CEST 2006

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006, Jeff Rutkowski wrote:

> Ok, continuing on from yesterday. To recap: SuSE 9.3, linux box Nagios
> 2.5, apache 2.2.3.
>
> I am now able to start nagios, but when I try to access it via web
> browser, it prompts me for id  and password, then gives the error:
>
> FORBIDDEN
> You don't have permission to access /nagios/ on this server.
>
> I believe I have configured my httpd.conf file correctly, inserted the
> necessary lines from the install doc. I setup the nagiosadmin account
> along with a couple of other accounts per the install doc. But still
> getting the error. Could it be permissions on the htpasswd.users file?
> It is currently at 644. Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly
> appreciated. Thanks.

Well  There is such a thing as an access log and an error log that can
tell you much about what is going on on your system. Propably much more
then we can do at this point.

So please go and check those logs and see what they barf about. Then you
propably will see what you need to fix.

One should never start guessing when there are log files to inspect first.

Hugo.

--
	hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org	http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/