MySQL Plugin

Arno Lehmann al at its-lehmann.de
Thu Oct 12 09:28:24 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 10/12/2006 1:08 AM, El Ali, Mohamed wrote:
> Hi Arno,
>
> In my check commands.cfg I have setup the following
>

> # 'check_mysql' command definition
> define command{
>        command_name	 check_mysql
>        command_line      $USER1$/check_mysql -H $HOSTADDRESS$
>        }
>
> But I have an error of
>
> (Return code of 127 is out of bounds - plugin may be missing)
>
> Any ideas ?

Sure.
First, send such mail to the list - I'm not prepared to accept payment
for consulting services from outside of Europe :-)

Second, have you verified that the plugin actually exists, can be
executed by Nagios, etc?

In other words, wou'll need a more detailed problem description. For
example, if the plugin can't be built, the corresponding output from the
configure and make commands will be what you need.

With some experience you'll spot the problem yourself. The Nagios
message you quote, for example, shows quite clearly how you could tackle
this problem.

Arno

IT-Service Lehmann                    al at its-lehmann.de