FW: Starting up Nagios

Jeff Rutkowski jrutkows at ramapo.edu
Tue Oct 10 19:50:51 CEST 2006

Re-sending to include more info:

Nagios-users mailing list
Nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
reporting any issue.

Nagios version: 2.5
Plugin version: 1.4.3
OS: Suse linux 9.3
 See problem details below.
___________________
Jeff Rutkowski
Unix Administrator
Ramapo College of NJ
505 Ramapo Valley Rd.
Mahwah, NJ 07430
(201) 684-6804
jrutkows at ramapo.edu
-----Original Message-----
From: nagios-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:nagios-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Jeff
Rutkowski
Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2006 12:10 PM
To: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Nagios-users] Starting up Nagios

Question, couple of questions actually. I am in the process of
installing/testing version 2.5, we are currently on 1.2 in production. I
have installed it on a Suse linux box, running Suse 9.3, and Apache web
server 2.2.3. The initial install seemed to go ok, and I was able to get
my configs from production moved over and nagios -v comes up clean. When
I try to start nagios it returns an exit 0 (I put a trace in so I could
see) but no processes ever start up on the box. I'm also having problems
with the add-ons. When trying to run the make all on nrpe I get "no rule
to make target 'all'". I get a similar error when trying to do it on
nsca "Nothing to be done for 'all'". Could this be part of my problem of
it (nagios) not starting up? Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks. Also, all of the docs on the web site deal with a
new install, are there any docs for an upgrade? Or does anyone have a
procedure for upgrading from 1.2 to 2.5? Let me know. Thanks.

Jeff Rutkowski
Unix Administrator
Ramapo College of NJ
505 Ramapo Valley Rd.