nagiso compilation parameters

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Mon Oct 9 23:17:36 CEST 2006

On Mon, 9 Oct 2006, Brandino Andreas wrote:

> btw, should i prefer source rpm or just install from source? Is there
> any howto for installing source on suse?

Well the generic installation procedure may appy.

 1. Install gcc, make, ...... (if not yet present)

 2. `rpmbuild --rebuild <your.src.rpm>`

 3. Install the generated package(s) as usual.

Beyond some SuSE specific tricks in the INIT scripts I see no reson why
this would not work.

If you installed not enough in step 1 then step 2 is going to bitch you
about missing .... at which point you can propably see which rpm you
missed in step 1.

And if you base your install on the packages from:
http://www.nagiosexchange.org/SuSE_Linux.74.0.html?&tx_netnagext_pi1%5Bp_view%5D=569

I guess you can do this whole exercise with your eyes closed and one hand
tied to your back.

Hugo.

--
	hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org	http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/