nagiso compilation parameters

Thomas Sluyter nagios at kilala.nl
Mon Oct 9 22:32:30 CEST 2006

On 9 Oct, 2006, at 20:38, Brandino Andreas wrote:

> btw, should i prefer source rpm or just install from source? Is there
> any howto for installing source on suse?
Installing from source on Suse should be just about the same as
installing from source on any other Linux. So just follow the normal
manual.

Personally, I prefer using the source to build my own package (RPM,
PKG, Deb, and so on). That way:
A) I am absolutely sure about how the software was built, and
B) I can use the standardized package manager to install the software.

> Anyway,if is possible to write the tutorial? :) I think it would
> be usefull for many out there :)
Well, there are already bunches of RPMbuild tutorials out there on
the web, but I'll try and hack something together RSN. There's a few
other short tutorials that I still need to write anywho.

Cheers!

Thomas