Ubuntu Server + Nagios 2.5

Thibault Genessay tgenessay at aliadis.fr
Fri Oct 6 09:05:24 CEST 2006

Matthew Joyce wrote:
> When you deploy Debian Sarge with Nagios 2.5, do you build it in the
> 'Debain way' ?
> That is, does your 2.5 use the same folder location and config location
> as earlier Nagios version ?

No we don't. As a matter of fact, I've tried the Debian package only
once on a test machine and I don't remember exactly how the layout was
(probably binaries in /usr/bin, configs in /etc/nagios, and so on).

I use the default installation which puts everything in
/usr/local/nagios as it is, imo, much easier to maintain, everything
related to Nagios being at the same place.

One downside might be the configuration of the backup procedure: you
have to remember to save not only /etc and /var but also
/usr/local/nagios/etc and /usr/local/nagios/var.

--
Thibault GENESSAY
ALIADIS