Nagios process not running? It is running!

Hari Sekhon hpsekhon at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 5 10:19:01 CEST 2006

I don't think so because when I run the exact command that I put in the
cgi.cfg from the command line as the nagios user (I copied and pasted to
make sure it was identical), I got the right result as expected.

It was only when put in the cgi.cfg and run by Nagios that it always
gave the same thing, saying nagios wasn't running. But when nagios isn't
running the web interface doesn't come up properly, I get a whole
different error.

I also still receive alerts so Nagios must be running.

The reason the status file can't be in the wrong place is because
otherwise the test when executed from the command line would fail,
whereas it passes.

I think this is more likely a subtle bug, it's the only way that I can
account for the difference.

-h

Hari Sekhon