Ubuntu Server + Nagios 2.5

Thibault Genessay tgenessay at aliadis.fr
Wed Oct 4 09:13:01 CEST 2006

Hi

Matthew Joyce wrote:

> I use Nagios 1.3 (mysql) on Debian Sarge, and I thought I would try
> Ubuntu Server 6.03.
>
> I'd rather hoped Ubuntu would have a Nagios v2.5 package but it doesn't,
> still 1.3.

Debian is a cool distro but packages are sometimes very old ...

> Does anyone have instructions to installed v2.5 on either Debian Sarge
> or Ubuntu Server ?

 From source is the way to go !
Our production servers use Debian Sarge with 2.5; we deploy Nagios
manually. But unless your setup is huge this is not too complicated.
Anyway you will have to work quite a lot to upgrade your configuration
from 1.x to 2.x, so compiling & installing Nagios will be almost an
insignificant task. Use the doc at
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/toc.html, section 'installing'.

Regards

--