SNMP Querying HP MSA1000's

Gavin Conway gavin.conway at uksolutions.co.uk
Tue Oct 3 10:44:01 CEST 2006

Hi All,

I'm trying to get the status of a HP MSA 1000 via SNMP. I've got the
mibs from the supplied media. Problem I'm having though is that each
fibre controller on the MSA has 4 ports and I'm only able to query 2 of
them (I get an admin status and an operational status) but I don't know
which two ports I'm querying (it could be the two management ports for
all I know at this stage).

If anyone on here has got Nagios interfacing with their MSA1000/MSA1500
then I'd be interested to hear how they've done it and what tools
they're using.

Thanks,
Gavin
--
UKS Ltd, Birmingham Road, Studley, Warwickshire, B80 7BG
Tel: 08700 681 333  -  Fax: 01527 851 301  -  AS: 20547