compilation error openvrml

Zorron Konto xinetd3 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 29 12:00:15 CET 2006

Hi all,
I am running nagios 1.3 over apache 2.0. When choosing 3D-map status option,
it couldn't be viewed since openvrml is not installed. So I downloaded the
package  openvrml-0.16.1. When trying to compile it is getting this output:

checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1
checking host system type... i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1
checking target system type... i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... mawk
checking how to create a pax tar archive... gnutar
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C
compiler cannot create executables
<<
the gcc version is 4.0. Do you think that the problem comes from the gcc
version or the openvrml package? and how to resolve this problem?
thanks for any help!

Rgds,
Zorron.

http://search.msn.com/