UNREACHABLE Hosts get not checked again

Ingo Lantschner ingo.lists at vum.at
Fri Nov 24 12:53:20 CET 2006

Ingo Lantschner schrieb:

> After 30 Min. the parent was on line again. But some of its children
> stay UNREACHABLE, until I schedule a check manually, on each of them.
> Does someone have an idea?
One thought: Is it possible, if active host checks are disabled AND all
of the service checks on a host were already in a hard state of CRITICAL
or UNKNOWN, when the parent went down, that this host never gets checked
again for being alive?

The system I experienced the above described behavior is a test system,
checking lots of hosts, by SNMP which do have SNMP-Agents running yet.

Ingo.