MGE UPS snmp info poller plugin (alpha, semi-beta quality)

Einar Indridason einar.indrida at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 11:43:04 CET 2006

Hi folks.  I'm writing a plugin for MGE UPS Galaxy 5000, based on the SNMP
values found in their MIB.  Now, I have a basic skeleton available, and it
is more or less usable as a Nagios plugin.  I want to add RRD support into
it as well, and log down the SNMP values into a file, but that can wait a
bit.

What I'm more interested in right now is this:  I doubt that I'm the only
one, hooking Nagios and MGE UPS Galaxy 5000 stuff together.  Would you be
interested in taking a look at that stuff, see if I need to add some more
SNMP variables?  Or if my current treatment of the SNMP variables makes
sense?  Or... if my thresholds are off, or even way off?

Basically, I'm asking for suggestions for improvements, before I start
thinking about the RRD stuff.

(And I'm releasing this as a GPL stuff, with the added clause of:  'If it
breaks, you get to keep both parts')

This is (as least for now) only available through email, as it is a work in
progress.

Cheers,
--
EinarI