veritas backup exec check plugin

Ingo Lantschner ingo.lists at vum.at
Sun Nov 19 12:28:53 CET 2006

mike conigliaro schrieb:

> however, im not sure if the backup exec wmi provider is going to allow me to
> monitor what i need.  has anyone been down this road before?

Hi Mike,
we did some monitoring of BE using WMI. We first did it by using NRPE
calling a VB-Script which itself pulled the information out of WMI and
- IIRC -  some Textfiles. This approach did work, but was neither simple
nor stable. One showstoper was, that WMI did not always work as
expected. The scond was, that the NRPE-service on the Windowsbox tends
to get overused and dies.

Bottomline: We now integrate NSCA into our Nagios-system and try to
receive and evaluate the SNMP-traps send by BE.

hth, Ingo.