Migrating Nagios 1.x to 2.x

Hari Sekhon hpsekhon at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 18 13:27:11 CET 2006

I was thinking that when writing that but the problem is that I don't
have a good understanding of the changes, I have just migrated but it
was kind of hit and miss, I'm not knowledgeable enough to accurately
list everything that changed and what it changed to... it would take
someone more familiar with the subject...

-h

On 18/11/06, Hugo van der Kooij <hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Nov 2006, Hari Sekhon wrote:
>
> > Thanks. Almost forgot about the -v which I used from time to time to
> > find warnings. I'll use this to make sure most of the rest of the
> > config is ok...
> >
> > It would have been pretty easy for devs to do the section like
> >
> > $OUTPUT$  --> $HOSTOUTPUT$
> >                          $SERVICEOUTPUT$
> >
> > just to make it clearer and easier rather than ending up missing
> > fields in the misccomands which would lead to you not getting certain
> > bits of information in alerts...
>
> No one is stopping you from writing better documentation.
>
> Hugo.
>
> --
>         hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org        http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/
>             This message is using 100% recycled electrons.

Hari Sekhon