check_cciss plugin for monitoring RAID arrays on HP servers

Sim simvirus at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 13:52:49 CET 2006

2006/11/17, Yogesh Hasabnis <yhasabnis at gmail.com>:
> Thanks Thomas, Sim and all the friends on this list!! As per your
> suggestion, I copied the check_cciss plugin into the nagios/libexec
> directory and now the plugin works fine from the command-line
>
>  ]# ./check_cciss-1.5 -N 0 -v
>  RAID OK:  Smart Array 6i in Slot 0 array A logicaldrive 1 (136.7 GB, RAID
> 1+0, OK) array B logicaldrive 2 (410.2 GB, RAID 5, OK)
>
>  Now since the RAID arrays are not on the nagios host, I will need to
> configure NRPE to execute the cciss plugin remotely.

Add this line into nrpe.cfg:

command[check_cciss]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_cciss-1.5 -N 0 -v

and this into services.cfg (similar):

define service{
        use                             generic-service         ; Name
of service template to use

        host_name                       xxxxxxxxx
        service_description             RAID
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           5
        retry_check_interval            1
        contact_groups                  grp_admins
        notification_interval           720
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            w,u,c,r
        check_command                   check_nrpe!check_cciss
        }