check_cciss plugin for monitoring RAID arrays on HP servers

Tobias Klausmann klausman at schwarzvogel.de
Fri Nov 17 13:35:35 CET 2006

Hi!

On Fri, 17 Nov 2006, Thomas Hager wrote:
> > ./check_cciss-1.5: line 90: ./utils.sh: No such file or directory
> the plugin calls utils.sh (which comes with the nagios-plugins package)
> and needs it in the same directory you installed check_cciss. so, you
> got three joices:
>
> a) copy check_cciss-1.5 to the directory where all the nagios plugins
> are installed (including utils.sh)
> b) copy utils.sh to the directory you're testing check_cciss-1.5
> c) edit the check_cciss script and adjust the path to utils.sh

The other day I saw another tool which is completely OSS (GPL-2,
IIRC) and independent of hpacucli. It works just fine for me and
it's even included in our fave distro (Debian).

It works for both IDA and CCISS devices and already returns the
retvals the way Nagios wants them.

http://www.strocamp.net/opensource/

The tool is called "arrayprobe"

HTH,