Could not find any host matching in Nagios

nmrk sharma nmrksharma at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 07:44:29 CET 2006

Hi list

I am new to Nagios.I installed nagios succcesffuly and able to monitor the local host services.

But when i am trying to add new host to the configuration i am receving following error.

Can any one help me in this.I am using Nagios 2.5

Nagios 2.5
Copyright (c) 1999-2006 Ethan Galstad (http://www.nagios.org)
Last Modified: 07-13-2006
License: GPL
Reading configuration data...

Error: Could not find any host matching "10.10.1.2"

Error: Could not expand member hosts specified in hostgroup (config file '/usr/local/nagios/etc/minimal.cfg', starting on line 223)

***> One or more problems was encountered while processing the config files...

     Check your configuration file(s) to ensure that they contain valid
     directives and data defintions.  If you are upgrading from a previous
     version of Nagios, you should be aware that some variables/definitions
     may have been removed or modified in this version.  Make sure to read
     the HTML documentation regarding the config files, as well as the
     'Whats New' section to find out what has changed.

Pls help me in this regard.Thanks in advance

- nmrk sharma (nmrksharma)