Problems seeing host and service detail

Ryan Steele steele at agora-net.com
Thu Nov 16 22:40:19 CET 2006

Frank,

The current version of Nagios is 2.5 ...if you're just starting out,
it's probably advisable to begin with that.

Best,
Ryan

Frank Moore wrote:
> I have just installed nagios 1.3.6 on SLES 10 and can not get hosts and
> services to show up.  I am just trying a simple install using
> minimal.cfg and the localhost.
>
> The apache authentication works and I can see the main web console web
> page but as soon as I try to see services or host details I get the
> following error.  I can see the event log.
>
> I also can not get any configuration information
>
> It appears as though you do not have permission to view information for
> any of the hosts you requested
>
> I have checked all the cfg files, done the nagios -v and get no errors,
> and checked to make sure the contact name is the same as the htpasswd
> user name.
>
> What else can I check?   Is there something else to configure?
>
> Thanks for the help
>
> Frank
>

> Frank Moore
> ATT Engineer/Instructor
> WW Training Services
> 801-861-4134
>
> Sent from a SUSE Linux Desktop

Ryan Steele
Systems Administrator               steele at agora-net.com
AgoraNet, Inc.                      (302) 224-2475
314 E. Main Street, Suite 1         (302) 224-2552 (fax)
Newark, DE 19711                    http://www.agora-net.com